Thursday, September 22, 2005

Holy cow! The kid's are back to school and somehow I feel like I'm back in school. In passing I mentioned to Ricky's teacher, Mrs. Smith, that I had Friday's off and would love to volunteer in the classroom. I meant it 100%, honest. So Ricky comes home with a paper from school that has a schedule for classroom volunteers and there I am, typed into every Friday!!! Then Haley says, "when are you going to volunteer for my classroom?!". So here I am, dumbfounded, unable to answer my 7 year old and wondering, how am I going to get out of this without looking like a big ass. So I'm thinking, I'll just explain to dear, sweet, young Mrs. Smith that I have 2 kid's of my own and I need to spread myself out a little. Then I'm thinking, one Friday Haley's class next Friday Ricky class and so on. Then I'm thinking, I was kinda thinking that I would enjoy having Friday's while the kid's are at school to catch up on my housework....anyone know where I can find a few more Friday's in a month?? Then there's the homework, Ricky's is fun to do, we can use crayons and scissors and glue. Haley's homework (she's only in 2nd grade) makes me feel dumb! She's always looking at me like, "duh mom, didn't you learn all this in school!!" and I'm thinking "I don't think I learned all this till middle school!". I don't know about anyone else, but there is NO WAY I am going to be of any help to her once she hit's say......3rd grade!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, my gosh. my 4th grader had math yesterday that had "rays" in it, what the hell are "rays?" I was forced to say, "hey, your on your own there little dude". and I had to look up in the dictionary what a "polygon" was. I'M IN TROUBLE. OKAY, but i saved all my math books from college, so when he starts doing formula's I can help with that and i'll be feeling real good about myself. just don't ask me about shapes unless they are square, triangles, or round, like the cookies i eat every night

10:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my volume was down on the computer and i clicked "post" 3 times! thats why i deleted all those, help i'm retarded.

10:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home