Wednesday, August 17, 2005

So today was pretty much the kids day from hell (excuse my French!). This morning the kid's had dentist appointments. Haley to have her molars sealed (she inherited deep pits in her teeth from moi!) and Ricky to have a cavity (gulp) fixed. This was at 9:20 a.m. Then they both had Well Child check ups at 4:00 p.m. with Dr. Allen, where Haley had to get 2 shots and she gets to go back in 2 weeks to have her tonsels checked. Dr. Allen wants me to listen to her sleep and see if she has sleep apnea. He says her tonsels are enlarged (which didn't come as a surprise, doctor's have always told me she had big tonsels) and she may need to have them out so she can sleep more soundly! All this in preparation for their new school year. Oh yeah and we went and registered them at their new school. The school is still under construction so we couldn't see all of it but we got to see the kid's classroom and find out who their teachers would be. It was a rough day but it is very exciting to know that the start of school is right around the corner. I am so glad that my kid's are getting such a wonderful, new start at life. They deserve it...I deserve it.

4 Comments:

Blogger keesh said...

Busy day!! Glad you are sounding so positive on a fresh new start!! I am thrilled for you all!

6:18 PM

 
Blogger Emily Beth said...

Thanks gals!

6:25 PM

 
Blogger keesh said...

I am loving your communication Em. So proud of you!!

8:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for checking out my blog, I saw your comments about your daughters tonsils. My son always had very large tonsils, and he snored badly when sleeping, and it used to worry me when it would seem like he stopped breathing for awhile, (like apnea). When he was seven, the EENT Doc finally saw him, and we decided to have the tonsils out. I've always wanted to avoid invasive procedures for my son, but this was a very good thing. He did better in school, he didn't get sick as much, and he recovered very well. So I was glad we did it, although I cried almost all of the day of surgery, especially when the anesthesiologist carried him away into the surgery room. I had to go outside, it was very scary. When he woke up, he cried and howled for a long time, and was inconsolable. But he fell back asleep, and when he next awoke, he was great, we went home, and he never complained one bit, nor wanted any tylenol for pain. I wish the best for your daughter, and hope you're able to make a decision, hope this helped.

8:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home