Sunday, October 09, 2005

If there is one way to drive yourself totally nuts, it's by remodeling. We have taken on the task of remodeling our home. We just purchased our first house and it is wonderful but the painting that the old owner did was a bit...intense. She did a bunch of painting techniques so my son's room looked like it had grass on the walls, my daughter's room is the color of chocolate pudding and my bathroom looks like someone threw up pink and gray. The rest of the house is just right, with neutral paints and simple lines. But we'll eventually take on that too with paint, trim and new carpet. Call us crazy! And your right...we're crazy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Painting sucks. I bought my house over 3 years ago, did the living room, Dylans bedroom, the bathroom, and part of the kitchen and never finished. I just got burned out on it, especially when your living in it, and trying not to slop paint all over everything. all the taping, and covering stuff. yuck. But i'm getting ready to finish the job. I was looking around in my bedroom, and not only is it gross, but I found cobwebbs that have been there for years. I was ashamed of myself. I guess thats one way to clean the cobwebbs, just do some painting.

Dylans room was fun though. He was much younger at the time, and I alloted him a wall and set him loose on it. He got to paint his name by hand, and use all kinds of colors, so it's sort of fun to have his "work" there. He might change it one of these years, but for now, we'll leave it. I'm assuming if we go to sell the house, the prospective buyers would not like the room with his name and painting.

8:04 PM

 
Blogger Emily Beth said...

That is so sweet! We talked about using some blackboard paint on a small square in Ricky's room, but I don't know. We started painting the wall color tonight and it looks kinda purple. My f.i.l guarantees me it will dry darker. If not, Haley and Ricky will have to switch rooms!

9:43 PM

 
Blogger Jill said...

I love your site...thanks for giving me the great idea to start my own blog......:)

1:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home